Assalamu Alaykum Lovelies.
I hope you’re all having a great long weekend! I know I am.
Today I am going to be sharing with you my recipe for a strawberry trifle. Yesterday we celebrated my Mommy’s birthday and I made her a small version of it, as some of you may have seen on my Instagram account.
You will need:
- Angle Food Cake 2 containers, (I used the pre-made cakes from Walmart as I didn’t have much time to cook)
- 2 containers of fresh strawberries
- 1 litre of heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- 4 tsp of granulated Sugar
For the strawberries
Wash and slice the strawberries and set aside.
For the Whip Cream:
Pour the 1 Ltr. of whipping cream in a bowl add one cup of powdered icing sugar and use your hand blender to blend until thick.
For the Strawberry Sauce:
Put one cup of strawberries in the blender and a tsp of granulated sugar and blend them to a thick liquid consistency.
Get your trifle dish ready, If you don’t have one any large glass bowl will do.
- slice your Angel Food cake so that you now have two slices. (4 combined) (I usually only make 3 layers )put the first layer in your glass bowl.
- spoonful some of the strawberry sauce over the first layer of the cake.
- Spread a thick layer of the whip cream over the strawberry sauce
- Place a layer of strawberries over the whip cream
- Sprinkle 1 tsp of granulated sugar over the strawberries
- Repeat these steps to make 3 more layers. The top of the cake should be a layer of whip cream and strawberries.
There are many variations you can use to make this cake. The one I made for mommy’s birthday I added peaches and custard. (Her Fav)
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much me and my family do.
Let me know how it works out for you and if you like it!
Until my next post,