I’m in an awesome positive mood this morning. The Sun is shining and the sky is clear. Alhamdulillah. I told you, I totally feed off of the Sun.
What can I say about Chai other than I’m completely and utterly obsessed. Anyone who knows me knows I’m a crazy chai lover. Especially Pakistani style Chai. I love it so much that I’ve got recipe for Chai Ice-cream. Yum!
If you get a chance to make it, tweet me pics @Ummjohar and let me know how it turned out for you!
Want to get the kids involved? Have them make their own Ice cream!! Simply follow all Directions up to 6. Once it’s cold, Give them a Ziplock bag with ice and a pinch of salt, pour mixture over the ice and seal the Ziplock bag. Put Ziplock Bag into a plastic grocery bag and have them Shake it up until it becomes Ice cream!
Chai it, You’ll Like it.
What you will need for each step:
#1 Ginger Syrup:
- 3 Tbs Fresh Ginger
- 1/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar
#2 Ice Cream Base
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1/4 Cup of Black Tea Leaves
- 1 Tbs Garam Masala
- 4 Whole Green Cardamum Seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 2/3 Cup Sugar or Honey
- 2 tbs milk
- 1.5 tbs Corn Starch
#5 1 Cup Heavy Cream & Pinch of Salt
#6 2 tsp Rosewater
1. Prepare #1- Bring to a boil and Simmer
2. Bring #2 to a simmer. Then add the Garam Masala, Cardamum Seeds and Cinnamon Stick and steep for at least 1 hour.
3. Return to heat. Add the tea leaves, Sugar and #1. Steep for 15 mins.
4. Strain out the solids, add in #4. Reheat for 1 minute stirring until thickened.
6. Stick in an ice bath and refrigerate until cold.
7. Churn in ice cream maker for 20-30 minutes, adding #6
8. Transfer into a container and freeze to eat.